Speech Therapy Wollongong
Looking for speech therapy? Wollongong has got a new private practice in town!
Lifelong Therapy Services aims to empower and support both individuals and their families or caregivers as we work hand-in-hand in assessing their personal situations, developing an effective strategy, and ultimately build towards achieving their main goals.
What can you expect?
Every client considering speech therapy in Wollongong that ends up coming through our doors can expect to receive genuine guidance, a personalized treatment plan, and a strong foundation built on trust and security. Every step throughout the entire process of speech therapy should be given importance and undivided attention, which is why we work at a pace most comfortable for our clients. It is essential for us to ensure that our clients do not feel rushed, pressured, or accumulate any added stress during their journey.
We believe in providing holistic, individualized therapy using family-centered methods that cater to the root cause of every inner obstacle. This way, not only do our clients reap the benefits of speech therapy within our four walls, but they also can better apply it to everyday life and to each of their meaningful relationships.
What sets us apart?
Our therapy sessions are also open to the families, loved ones, and caregivers of each of our clients. We believe that it further maximizes our client’s efforts to get the ones closest to them involved because only then can their significant others understand the best ways to support and uplift them.
No other private practice offering online speech therapy in Wollongong can dedicate as much time and undivided attention to fully educate families, teachers, significant others, and caregivers, to help them develop the necessary skill set to contribute to their loved one’s therapy journey.
Services we provide:
Our list of services is offered to both adults and children. We understand the importance of adjusting each provision according to the needs and preferences of our clients. Never should you have to settle for a “one size fits all” treatment plan with us.
There are different levels to speech therapy with varying issues that need to be addressed, which is why we offer an in-depth assessment with both our clients and their families prior to starting treatment. Through this, we can better confirm which options, or combination of options, are best.
- Speech sound delays and disorders: Speech sound delays are when a client continues to struggle with a particular sound or group of sounds. This includes both articulation and phonetics. Sometimes, these errors can be unique and rare, which result to differing speech disorders.
- Fluency and stuttering: A fluency disorder is somewhat common and involves issues that connect to the flow, rhythm, and speed of the client’s speech. Stuttering is one example of a fluency disorder, wherein a client’s way of talking sounds consistently interrupted, similar to them attempting to finish a sentence but the sounds do not come out. Repeating words or phrases are typical in these situations.
- Play and social skills: We offer a holistic approach to speech therapy and understand the importance for individuals to develop adequate social skills. In our service we can help our clients develop the skills to build relationships in the community, workplace and at home. We target skills such as body language, eye contact, conversational skills along with learning to establish and build friendships in the playground and so much more.
- Receptive and expressive language skills: Both children and adults can often have trouble expressing their needs and wants or understanding language. By accessing our speech therapy services in Wollongong, clients can develop the skill set needed to both express themselves effectively and to understand and comprehend concepts and ideas, both written and seen.
- Literacy skills: Reading and writing are two important skills that we target at Lifelong Therapy Services. We assist clients in developing the foundations needed to develop literacy skills from phonemic identification to blending and segmenting. At Lifelong Therapy Services we are trained in the Sounds Write Program, an outstanding phonics program that covers literacy at all levels.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD): Speech and language therapy play a major role in the providing supports to people with ASD. Those living with ASD may difficulty communicating and developing social skills – whether it is at home, school, work, or other situations. We work to assist these clients develop these skills in a functional manner.
- Adult speech and language difficulties in relation to medical circumstances: Adults that have experienced a stroke, a traumatic brain injury or live with another disability may present with aphasia, dysarthria, and/or dysphagia. We can work with these clients on their receptive and expressive language no matter how mild or severe they may present. In addition, we offer dysphagia assessments and reviews to ensure our clients are swallowing safely.
Where we service:
Lifelong Therapy Services is based in Kiama, on the beautiful south coast of New South Wales. We provide face-to-face speech therapy in Wollongong, and other areas within the Illawarra, Gerringong and Shoalhaven Regions.
We also offer telehealth appointments for clients outside of Illawarra and Shoalhaven, situated all across Australia.
It is our mission to continue on providing quality speech therapy in Wollongong while we expand our team of highly trained therapists throughout the west and east coasts. Feel free to get in touch with us and find out if we are coming to a town near you.
National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
Lifelong Therapy Services is a registered NDIS provider. We ensure that each and every session of speech therapy in Wollongong (and all our other locations) is provided within the setting that best suits our clients. This can include the comforts of their homes, their schools or daycares, or even their workplace.
We also work with parents, teachers, caregivers, relatives, and other significant loved one that play a role in our client’s life to guarantee the best tools, education, and methods of support are passed on. By integrating this into all of our treatment plans, our clients can experience a more holistic and thorough approach as they improve their wellbeing and work towards their goals.